New Localgov Customer: Canandaigua, New York
by Shylo Bisnett, on February 24, 2021 at 12:06 PM
We’re thrilled to welcome this upstate New York town into the Localgov fold.
Typically, local governments tap Localgov to handle administration and payments for short-term rentals, licenses, and various local taxes. But as an historic town, Canandaigua helps many researchers with genealogical records—and that's what we'll be facilitating using Localgov. While we're used to helping municipalities with a wide range of taxpayer filing and payment needs, this is a Localgov first.
Our development team is excited to work with Canandaigua to customize our flexible platform to suit its exact specs. Not only will Canandaigua benefit from the incremental revenue provided through these vital-records orders, but staff will save on time, too. Localgov’s Concierge Customer Support team will handle taxpayer-support needs so Canandaigua staff can focus on other needs.
About Canandaigua, New York:
- This area was long home to the Seneca tribe, which founded the settlement of Ganandogan long before colonialism.
- The women’s suffrage movement was centered in the region in the 19th century, and Canandaigua was the site of Susan B. Anthony’s trial for the crime of voting while female.
- The Canandaigua Lake Wine Trail wends through 30 miles of the Finger Lakes region, helping visitors discover fine wines and scenic views.
- Historically an area featuring steamboats, Canandaigua hosts an annual pageant where steam engines and antique tractors are on full display.
Every community is different and has its own needs. Localgov is nimble enough to accommodate a whole host of filing, payment, and reporting demands, whether its birth records, hotel-motel taxes, pet licenses, and more. Let’s work together to help your local government modernize and monetize these efforts more effectively.
Success Stories from LocalgovWe’re proud of the work that we’re doing on behalf of local governments across the country. Take a look at some recent case studies to learn more:
- Quincy, Illinois: How Quincy, Illinois Stabilized Hospitality Tax Revenue and Recovered More Than $80K
- Erie County, Ohio: Learn How Erie County, Ohio Stays On Top of Short-Term Rentals with Localgov
Reach out to the Localgov team today. We can help your municipality take paper out of the administration and payment process, access data and insights you’ve never had before, and provide constituents a high level of white-glove services that frees up your staff. Let’s talk.